At NJPR, we provide specialized expertise in high-value complex coding.
As the complexity of treatment for illnesses, conditions and injuries increases, the amount of coding data increases exponentially. In order to effectively and accurately reflect the depth and breadth of information, coders must possess a high level of knowledge and experience. This coding relies on an analytic process, taking into account information compiled from a range of sources such as lab values, medications, reports and other clinical documentation.
Our skilled coders are knowledgeable in DRG reimbursement methodologies to ensure appropriate reimbursement while upholding a bedrock standard of ethical compliance with the law. In addition to their expertise, our specialists in high-value complex coding are characterized by their passion and commitment.
High-value complex coding requires a combination of highly specialized skills. These include:
- Expertise in specialized circumstances and coding guidelines for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- In-depth understanding of coding terminology and guidelines
- Resourcefulness for the “detective work” required to deal with the complexity of the task
- Strong communication and collaboration skills essential for work with a wide range of clients, from medical and hospital staffs to insurance companies
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology and disease processes
High-value complex coding relies on understanding and adjusting to the continual coding updates and changes in rules. At NJPR, we are fully equipped and prepared for necessary adjustments, such as the yearly ICD-10 coding updates and their interpretation.
NJPR coders offer expertise in all coding and are well-equipped to serve the evolving and greater needs for thorough and accurate complex coding. Contact a representative today, and we’ll start the process.